Crop Top & Curves



Outfit Details 
Crop Top: H&M / Skirt: BarIII / Shoes: Zara (old, similar
Necklace: Sorrelli / Clutch: FW Style 

Let's talk about body types for a minute.  I've always just considered myself to be petite with bigger hips.  My struggle in terms of dressing for my body type has never been because I am so short.  I've never let my height play an issue in that department.  I know I tend to wear oversized pieces and certain things that might make me look even shorter, but that's never really been a concern for me.  I wear what I like and what makes me feel comfortable.  My struggle has always been dressing for my hips and thighs.  Especially when it comes to swimwear, finding the right bottoms is always difficult for me.
I will never have a thigh gap, not that I want one.  My hips are bigger than my waist.  Always have been and always will be.  And after doing some weight training earlier this year, they gained another inch. Growing up, I used to feel a little insecure about this.  I was not sure how to dress.  I wanted to hide my hips.  As I have gotten older, I have learned to accept this about my body instead of trying to cover it up.  Yes, I am petite, but I've got some curves!  I'm Latina.  This is who I am.  My mom always teases me and says, "Oh, you just wait until you hit your 50s & 60s.  Your hips and butt are going to be as wide as mine." haha I love her.   The point of me sharing this with you guys is that years back, I would have steered clear from skirts and dresses that showed off my curves.  But today, I'm embracing them.  I think it's human nature for us to look back at ourselves in photos and in the mirror and to pick apart our bodies, but this is not healthy.  Let's be kinder to ourselves and love our bodies a little more.  

A few months back, I wore a very similar outfit to my friend's engagement party.  I never got to shoot in this skirt though, so this past week I decided to style it more for the spring/summer. It's been in the 80s lately, which is amazing, so it was only right to bring back the crop top and a high slit. By the way, this top was only $6.95.  I ended up getting it in 2 other colors as well.   

This weekend is my mother's birthday AND Mother's Day.  Looking forward to some quality time with my family.  Wishing you all a great Mother's Day weekend!



Share on :
Crop Top & Curves
Crop Top & Curves
Reviewed by pada mama
Published :
Rating : 4.5