6 Month Salvation Challenge


I mentioned last week in the white button down challenge post that most people only use about 20% of the pieces in their closet.  I am definitely guilty of this at times as I tend to overlook certain items when I bring new additions into my wardrobe. I do my best though to rework older pieces in new ways.

Target has challenged me to take an item in my closet that I have not worn within the past 6 months and create three new looks with it.  I have to say that it was really difficult for me to choose this one item.  I'm sure that most of you have that one particular piece that you gravitate towards and mine is most definitely a blazer, so I decided on this burgundy boyfriend one which is perfect for the fall season.  It's an oldie but a goodie and I have't worn it in the last 7 1/2 months!  Now, here are three new looks. 





Outfit 1

Blazer: Charlotte Russe (old, very similar) / Top: H&M / Jeans: Mossimo via Target
Shoes: Nine West (similar style) / Bag: French Connection

Now that fall is here, I am completely obsessed with burgundy and dark denim. I decided to pair this blazer with a crop top and these distressed jeans for a casual and chic look.  I added some print with the heels and finished off the look with a matching lip.  I got these jeans about a month ago and love their relaxed fit.  They literally just fall right above my waist line and are super comfortable.  I've definitely been impressed with Target's denim collection this season!






Outfit 2 

Blazer: Charlotte Russe (old, very similar) / Dress: Merona via Target / Shoes: Prima Donna 

You can never go wrong with a LBD and this one is actually perfect for a day at the office.  I work from home and have not been in an office setting in years, so this is definitely a very different look for me.  I know that a lot of my readers have asked for some work appropriate looks before though so I definitely had you guys in mind!  The length of the dress makes this extra classy and sophisticated.  Wearing it with a blazer makes it seem more like office attire.  I also added a belt to define my waistline and break up the solid black.  





Outfit 3

Blazer: Charlotte Russe (old, very similar) / Shirt: Merona via Target / Pants: Cortefiel (love these


I couldn't resist pairing the blazer with a pair of printed pants.  Haven't worn these in awhile either.  Instead of going with the typical black top, I decided to wear this white long sleeve tee.  It's so simple, but such a staple to have in your wardrobe as it works well with so many outfits and is great for layering this season.  I know I have mentioned in the past that most of my short sleeve tees are from Target.  They definitely have a great selection of long sleeve ones too at a great price.  It's time for me to stock up on more solid colors. 

Which look is your favorite? Hope you enjoyed today's post.  Happy hump day!



Find your style @targetstyle 

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Target via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Target.

Share on :
6 Month Salvation Challenge
6 Month Salvation Challenge
Reviewed by pada mama
Published :
Rating : 4.5